SUPPORTED GRANT TYPES
- Community Enrichment/Progress
- Cultural and Civic Programs
- Social Services
In general, the foundation will support three types of requests:
- Projects of service to the general community or pilot projects.
- Seed money to enable projects to demonstrate their potential or enhance services.
- Emergency funding for community needs.
mandatory pre-application meeting
December 7, 2017 (6pm-7pm): Location: VFW, 412 Main Street, Dakota City, IA
All applicants must attend this meeting to be eligible to apply for a grant.
2018 GRANT APPLICATION TIMELINE
November 1, 2017: Grant Application Available
December 7, 2017 (6pm-7pm): MANDATORY Grant Meeting • Location: VFW, 412 Main Street, Dakota City, IA
- January 5, 2018: Grant Application Deadline • Applications must be delivered by 4:00 pm to City Hall in Humboldt (29 5th Street South, Humboldt, IA) or if mailed applications must be postmarked no later than January 5, 2018.
- January 11, 2018: Committee Meets to Review Applications
- January 25, 2018: HCCF Board meets to Approve Grants
- February 1, 2018: GDMCF Submission and Final Approval
March 1, 2018: Notice of Grant Awards Mailed to Recipients
March 22, 2018: Grant Awards Ceremony • A representative from all recipient organizations must be present at the awards ceremony.
September 30, 2018: Grant Evaluations or Extension Requests Are Due
**The Humboldt County Community Foundation reserves the right to alter the Grant Timeline if necessary.
Total Amount Awarded Since Inception of HCCF: $1,025,282
2013 - $104,290
2014 - $105,015
2015 - $95,707
2016 - $91,506
Proof of purchase and expenditure of funds applying to grants must be supplied to the community foundation within 3 months or a request for extension must be given by the community foundation. You must also submit a signed, completed Humboldt County Community Foundation Evaluation Form.