SUPPORTED GRANT TYPES
- Community Enrichment/Progress
- Cultural and Civic Programs
- Social Services
In general, the foundation will support three types of requests:
- Projects of service to the general community or pilot projects.
- Seed money to enable projects to demonstrate their potential or enhance services.
- Emergency funding for community needs.
mandatory pre-application meeting
December 8, 2016 • 6 - 8 p.m.
US Bank (second level)
701 Sumner Ave, Humboldt, IA 50548
All applicants must attend this meeting to be eligible to apply for a grant.
2017 GRANT APPLICATION TIMELINE
- November 1, 2016 - Grant Application Available
- December 8, 2016 - Grant Meeting
6 - 8 p.m. at US Bank
- January 6, 2017 - Grant Application Deadline
Application must be delivered by 4 p.m. to City of Humboldt, 29 5th Street South, Humboldt, Iowa 50548. Or mailed and postmarked no later than January 6, 2017.
- January 11, 2017 - Committee Meets to Review Applications
- January 25, 2017 - HCCF Board Meets to Approve Grants
- February 3, 2017 - Target Date for GOMCF Submission and Final Approval
- March 1, 2017 - Notice of Grants Awards and Letters Mailed Out
- March 23, 2017 - Grant Awards Ceremony
- September 30, 2017 - Grant Projects Completion Date
Total Amount Awarded Since Inception of HCCF: $1,025,282
2013 - $104,290
2014 - $105,015
2015 - $95,707
2016 - $91,506
Proof of purchase and expenditure of funds applying to grants must be supplied to the community foundation within 3 months or a request for extension must be given by the community foundation. You must also submit a signed, completed Humboldt County Community Foundation Evaluation Form.