WHY give to HCCF?
- We are a local, county-wide organization.
- We have broad expertise regarding community issues and needs.
- We provide personalized service to help tailor your individual charitable interests.
- Our funds help people invest in the causes they care about most.
- We accept a wide variety of assets and can facilitate even the most complex forms of giving.
- We partner with professional advisors to create highly effective approaches to charitable giving.
- We offer maximum tax advantage for most gifts under federal law.
- We multiply the impact of gift dollars by pooling them with other gifts and grants.
- We build endowment funds that benefit the county forever and help create personal legacies.
- We coordinate resources to create positive change.
WHAT IS AN ENDOWMENT?
Earnings from an endowment are used to make grants addressing Humboldt County needs. Your gift, and all future earnings from your gift, are a permanent source of community capital, helping do good work today and in the future.
LEGACY & STABILITY
Donors who endow their gifts can make a difference in our community during their lifetime and gives back forever.
If you establish a donor advised fund, grants will continue to be made in the name of the fund you establish so that your charitable wishes are preserved.
Leaders of non-profit organizations in the county can look to our community foundation to hold their organization’s endowment. This may help them sustain good investment management and plan for the future.